We're an affiliate.
We hope you love the products we recommend. If you purchase any product through the links mentioned on our website, we may receive a commission.
Center channel speakers are quite possibly the most important speaker in any home theater system. As the speaker that recreates what you see on the screen the most exact, it’s the speaker that creates all of your movie dialogue and song lyrics.
While the action is a great movie that might come from every speaker, it usually starts from the best center channel speaker under 500.
You get ready to settle in to watch your favorite movie or song, turn it up to full blast only to discover that the sound isn’t all that great even after adjusting the proper settings. While this may not always be the case, but it very well may have happened before.
Whether you have an older system that is in need of an upgrade or simply reconverting a current system into the ultimate entertainment center, you may just need a center channel speaker. So today we brought an article based on center channel speakers which will fulfill all your requirements.
10 Best Center Channel Speaker Under 500
Polk Audio Signature S35
The Polk Audio Signature S35 is perhaps the best center channel speaker for the homeowners looking for versatility. The compact dimensions and slim lines of this speaker allow for horizontal and vertical installation, making the system ideal to use as a left, center, or right channel speaker.
The sound clarity is ensured by the 3-inch mica-reinforced polypropylene cone woofers which provide a clear bass and better sound linearity.
Dynamic Balance design with anti-diffraction magnetic grille also ensures a smooth flow of the sound and a fine transition from powerful to discreet performance.
They are designed for high-resolution audio performance, this center channel speaker also provides a 40 kHz support to guarantee improved audio extension and theatre-like sound accuracy.
- Power Output : 20-120 watts/channel.
- Dimensions : 6.1 x 24.4 x 4.1 inches.
- Weight : 14 pounds.
- They are featured with Dynamic Balance acoustic array 6 drivers of 3-inches and 1-inch Terylene tweeter dome.
- It delivers deeper bass with its turbulence smoothing diffuser that minimizes distortion.
- Polk Audio Signature is compatible with 2.0, 2.1, 3.1, 5.1, 7.1, and 9.1 setups.
In this list of best center channel speaker under 500, Klipsch occupies the second spot.
Klipsch R-52C delivers a crystal-clear sound for your movie dialogue and music lyrics with incredible acoustics. Klipsch’s proprietary Tractrix horn-loaded technology gives you a lifelike, front-row listening experience unlike any other.
The exclusive Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performances. Kapton is an extremely light and rigid material used in the tweeter suspension to provide high efficiency and improve resolution and detail.
LTS tweeters are a hallmark of Klipsch speakers, making it a core component of some of the best speakers in the world.
Klipsch exclusive Tractrix horn technology delivers the power, detail, and emotion of the live music experience with the cleanest, most natural sound possible.
- Power handling :- 400 Watts.
- Dimensions :- 7.62 x 18.75 x 7.3 inches.
- Weight :- 13.5 pounds.
- It is featured with 1-inch aluminum LTS tweeter and 90 × 90 Square Tractrix Horn.
- It has dual 5.25-inch Spun-Copper IMG woofers which result in strong audio and deep bass.
- The overall frequency of the speaker is 89 Hz – 21 Khz.
Sony is a company that has been known for producing excellent audio, from your living room to your vehicle. The SSCS8 center channel speaker is no different thanks to its 55 Hz – 25 kHz frequency response and optimized crossover that provides excellent sound reproduction accuracy.
The mica-reinforced speakers help to produce crisp highs while offering tight, something we also commonly see in some of the best Klipsch center channel speakers, powerful bass for your favorite movie action scenes. The large sweet spot for listening also enables you to get the best sound, no matter where you sit.
The SSCS8 can handle up to 145 watts of power, but it is among the heaviest at over 25-pounds — something to know if you plan on wall mounting it.
Due to its quality, we would say that the Sony SSCS8 is the best high-end center channel speaker on our list. You can compare them to the best floor standing speakers and see which are better.
- Maximum output power :- 290 Watts.
- Dimensions :- 19.7 x 10.7 x 8.7 inches.
- Weight :- 12.3 pounds.
- It is featured with 1-inch Polyester Main Tweeter and has a 6-ohm speaker impedance.
- It has a 4-inches foamed-mica cellular reinforced woofer.
Klipsch’s founder, Paul W. Klipsch, was an engineer, inventor, madman, and certified genius. He spent his life trying to bring the world better sound.
Since 1946, Klipsch has carried on its founder’s passion for delivering the best home audio experience possible.
You’re not buying a speaker – you’re buying a piece of American audio history – built on more than 70 years of remarkable acoustic technology. The center channel is the unsung hero of a home theater system, delivering over 60% of a movie’s soundtrack and almost all of its dialogue.
The Klipsch R-25C does just that. It’s all about crisp dialogue and precise imaging, producing top-of-the-line sound with the greatest of ease for a complete, memorable experience.
- Power Handling :- 400 Watts
- Dimensions :- 7.25 x 18.75 x 7.25 inches.
- Weight :- 14.8 pounds.
- It is featured with 1-inch aluminum Linear Travel Suspension horn-loaded tweeter.
- It has dual 5.25-inch copper spun high output IMG woofers.
- R-25C has the capacity to fill rooms with powerful and lifelike performances.
Polk Audio 255C-RT
Over to a 3-way class, central channel speaker that is suitable for mounting in your ceiling as well as in your walls. They are part of Polk’s esteemed Vanishing Series and packed with Polk’s dynamic balance technology components from the RT series.
The advanced design techniques rely heavily on data collected from laser imaging research done at John Hopkins University. The vibrating surfaces of the tweeter were examined on a microscopic level to observe the resonances developed as the cones move.
The resonances are primarily responsible for all high-end distortion. Under laboratory scrutiny the folks at Polk were able to engineer the perfect combination of materials and optimal geometry, to counter unwanted resonances completely.
The speaker features a wafer-thin, magnetically secured, sheer grille that hardly protrudes from its surround.
They have highly efficient dual bandpass bass ports so the low registers will be clear and capably handled they work with 10-150 watts.
- Maximum output power :- 150 Watts.
- Dimensions:- 9.8 x 14.81 x 9.31 inches.
- Weight :- 6.6 pounds.
- This 2-way center channel speaker is designed to offset reflective surfaces with no sound distortion, making it perfect for any 3.1, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, and above surround sound system.
- Polk Audio 255C-RT is featured with a 5.25-inch mid-woofer and 1-inch silk dome tweeter.
The Klipsch RP-450C is built solid with 5.25″ woofers along with its patented horn-loaded Linear Travel Suspension Titanium tweeter with its Tractrix horn which sits pretty in the middle between the woofers.
The body is made from durable MDF material with a rather classy Brushed Polymer Veneer on the baffle.
The front baffle is also kept free from obstruction thanks to the magnetic grill, which is also of a very high-quality finish. Power handling is rated at 150 watts continuous with a peak of 600 watts.
Though large at almost 80 centimeters in width it weighs in at a rather easy to move 16.2kg. This simplistic approach to amplifier matching makes these speakers a gem.
The speakers would also be perfectly fine partnered with a high powered amplifier as well, thanks to its high power handling. So if you have an amplifier and want to switch up the center to something with plenty more punch then look no further.
The Klipsch RP-450C is the speaker built for the job. Your neighbors however will not be so happy.
- Maximum output power :- 150 watts.
- Dimensions :- 14.6 x 31.2 x 6.9 inches.
- Weight :- 35.7 pounds.
- It has four 5.25-inches woofers.
- They are featured with a 1-inch linear travel suspension titanium tweeter.
- RP-450C has a strong and flexible magnetic removable grille.
Polk Audio CS10
The Polk Audio CS10 being the most affordable on our list provides quality and best sound beyond your imagination thanks to its high quality and efficient design.
It produces crystal-clear audio and comes with a durable cabinet making it a valuable addition to your speaker system. It is also relatively easy to install and operate.
The unique angled top that is found in CS10 provides for versatility in the orientation whereby you can use this speaker inverted underneath your TV. This is helpful especially when operating in rooms with certain layouts.
However, it is important to note that, under these circumstances, the audio experience produced will be different from other orientations but still crystal-clear.
- Maximum output power :- 125 Watts.
- Dimensions :- 9.8 x 20 x 6.5 inches.
- Weight :- 16 pounds.
- The overall frequency of the speaker is 53 Hz – 25 kHz.
- It is featured with five way binding post connectors for more secure hook up options.
Pioneer Elite SP-EC73
Pioneer Elite SP-EC73 is an excellent center channel speaker that can modify your home audio system with its great audio.
The cabinets of this floor-standing, compact and center-channel speakers are designed with gently curved sides to eliminate standing waves encountered in typical square-box designs.
The black-finished cabinet integrates perfectly with contemporary and traditional interiors, while a small footprint allows for flexible placement in the room.
- Maximum output power :- 70 Watts.
- Dimensions :- 9.7 x 19.5 x 7.4 inches.
- Weight :- 17.6 pounds.
- A true 3-way speaker design means each major frequency band is represented with a separate driver.
- The complex crossover perfectly blends audio between the tweeter and woofer which generates great accuracy.
Polk Audio CS1
Polk Audio CS1 is one of the best center channel speaker under 500 that you can buy without breaking your bank.
Series II will complement your flat screen through its sleek design, quality-built, and high-performance sound.
Featuring its one-of-the-kind design, Polk’s CS1 Series II offers you versatility in positioning. Place it the right way up, even below the ear level; or even turn it upside down to direct the sound reproduction right towards your ear level.
It doesn’t matter! Quality surround sound will make sure your minimalistic space seems like a cinema.
Incorporating two 5.25-inch woofers with Dynamic Balance technology, and one 1- inch tweeter, as well as a rear port, CS1 Series II gives you value for money with excellence in sound quality.
- Maximum power output :- 125 Watts.
- Dimensions :- 9.6 x 7 x 18 inches.
- Weight :- 13 pounds.
- They are highly efficient, so they can be driven easily by unpretentious receivers, and they are voice matched for lifelike surround sound environments.
- An aptly designed port on the rear of the speaker gives you powerful, deep bass so you can enjoy high impact music that’s natural and lifelike.
Klipsch RC-62 II
The Klipsch RC-62 II is a pricey but fantastic center speaker. It is a valuable upgrade in most pre-configured home theatre systems due to its realistic soundstage and optimal dialogue projection.
It’s also a more energy-efficient speaker, which is never a bad thing, especially when you’re paying top dollar for the unit.
While it may be over the top for the average homeowner, I do recommend the Klipsch RC-62 II to all audiophiles.
I like that you can even place this speaker very close to your TV. Thanks to its superior magnetic shielding, there’s little to no chance of interference.
- Maximum output power :- 600 Watts.
- Dimensions :- 23.5 × 8 × 12.8 inches.
- Weight :- 30.8 pounds.
- It delivers realistic, balanced home theater sound which can boost your home audio system.
- They are enhanced with 1 titanium horn-loaded tweeter and dual 6.5 high-output woofers.
Centre channel speakers are the most important part of your home audio system and that’s the basic reason you should have at least one.
The above mentioned are the best center channel speaker under 500 which will definitely not break your bank. So go and choose one whose features impresses you.