We're an affiliate.
We hope you love the products we recommend. If you purchase any product through the links mentioned on our website, we may receive a commission.
Good audio quality is vital for many music and movie lovers. As a result, they need quality speakers that can deliver a room-filling sound. But, buying the best floor standing speakers for music has been a permanent solution for many such persons. These floor-standing speakers can produce exceptional bass, scale, and authority.
Besides, most of them have an excellent design, thus giving your living room a stylish look. Also, they have remarkable sounding, thus creating a theater-quality sound. Nowadays floor standing speakers are used more than entertainment, with the use of technology the audio output capability has improved, with the use of different materials and theme electronics floor standing speakers are now being used to improve the aesthetics of one’s house.
Also Read: Best Home Wi-Fi Speakers In 2022
A quality tower speaker can instantaneously supercharge your audio system. There are misconceptions about floor standing speakers, many of us think it’s much expensive, yes it was but now by using various technologies manufacturers have to push down their envelopes and offer you the best floor standing speakers.
Top 10 Best Floor Standing Speakers For Music
1. Klipsch RP-8000F (BEST OVERALL)
RP-8000F is a little bigger than most tower speakers, but it’s not as huge as tower speakers. With the grille on, the black RP-8000F piano is a bright, tall, black case. With the grid removed, we are confronted with Klipsch’s distinctive copper cones and a Tractrix horn-loaded tweeter.
The black piano finish, a slightly angled position, and a subtle bevelling give the speaker some style, even with the grilles on. The massive 8″ woofers and the horn-loaded tweeter give it an undeniably muscular cast that can’t be overlooked but is carried out in a very attractive manner.
The RP-8000F uses what Klipsch calls the ‘Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix’ horn. The geometry of the shape of the horn plays a major role in deciding its sound character. This geometry appears to be shared through the Reference Premiere line but differs from the previous Standard Reference line that also used the Tractrix horn.
Also Read: Top Rated Ceiling Speakers In 2021
It is a shape that is used in loudspeaker horns on the premise that the evolving pressure waves expand from the transducer diaphragm. The midrange is tonally correct with a strong balance, not forward or recessed. The bass performance in the lower region is very strong, deep, and very authoritative.
- Dimensions – 10 x 18 x 43 inches.
- Weight – 60 pounds
- Frequency Response – 32 Hz – 25 kHz.
- A vented tweeter design reduces standing waves behind the tweeter diaphragm for a smoother high-frequency reproduction.
- A ceramic magnet housing provides premium performance.
- The rear Tractrix port is perfectly matched to the cabinet and woofers, creating ideal airflow with minimal distortion or turbulence even at the lowest frequencies.
2. Klipsch RP-280F (BEST SOUND QUALITY)
Klipsch is the pioneer in what they do and they have their years of hard work and dedication to prove that. As a result, we’re often left with a well-executed product that does not disappoint. RP-280F is a prime example of that. The newer RP-280F comes with some modifications for the better.
Starting from the bottom, it’s noticeable that the speakers have been placed at a distance above the ground level. And not just that, the bottom speakers are given a 2-degree tilt to maximize the ideal angle adjustment. The woofers also follow a similar construction pattern. The RP-280F is a massive powerhouse tower speaker and is one of the best out there.
Also Read: Bose Soundbar 500 vs Soundbar 700
The experience with a pair of these is truly unparalleled. Having owned just a 2.0 system will be more than enough to handle almost all of the music genres. The bass is deep and powerful and, the dent in your pockets is fairly justified when you listen to what the RP-280F is capable of.
It is quite visible from just the construction of the RP-280F that everything has been carefully planned to enhance the auditory experience. Most notably, the Tractrix horn. It has a square mouth with a circular throat and has rubber coatings on it. This gives the treble a more neutral approach rather than a tiring one.
We would also like to mention a great alternative to these tower speakers which are Klipsch R-610F floor standing speakers.
- Dimensions – 18.4 x 10.6 x 43.1 inches.
- Weight – 62.5 pounds.
- Frequency Response – 32 Hz – 25 kHz.
- The Tractrix horn has a circular neck and a 90 x 90 rectangular mouth.
- RP-280F speakers are more than capable of handling the bass requirements due to a flatter frequency response at even the lower frequencies.
- The sound is beautifully well balanced and deep, with ideal adjustments to treble and bass.
3. Polk Audio Monitor 60 Series II (BEST BUDGET)
Polk Audio Monitor 60 Series II exhibits a slim, stylish, and muscular design for a minimal footprint in your home theater setup. The speaker allows bi-wiring and also bi-amping. It is featured with a 1” dome tweeter and three 5.25” drivers.
The speaker is designed with Dynamic Balance Technology ensuring you get great audio through quality driver materials, speaker geometry, and overall construction. The tuned port opening is provided at the bottom of a speaker for increased and extended bass response.
Monitor 60 Series II delivers powerful deep bass, better mid-range, and superior audio to make the party and movie nights unique.
- Dimensions – 14 × 7 × 37.5 inches.
- Weight – 31 pounds.
- Frequency response – 38Hz – 25kHz.
- It has a dynamic balance woofer which guarantees high quality and rich vocal.
- 60 Series II lets you enjoy the clear and crisp sound with wider dispersion for 3-dimensional audio.
- The speaker delivers a detailed high-frequency response to make the bass effect livelier.
4. Cerwin Vega XLS-215
The Cerwin Vega XLS 215 is very powerful and very loud at 150 W of (approximated) continuous power handling per with a concurrently high-efficiency rating of 95, which will give about double the volume per watt than a speaker with an 85 efficiency rating would since the dB measurement is logarithmic, just to give you an idea.
The speakers look pretty intimidating, for those who like that kind of thing. The red trim on the woofers is kind of jarring and juvenile-looking in our opinion and doesn’t contrast well when opaque with the cover, but whatever. The cabinet is a pretty boilerplate black-washed wood MDF.
In addition to the 2x cast frame woofers, you have an interestingly designed cone woofer and dome tweeter that are both loaded into a horn. That generally results in a sound that’s a little more boomy and far-reaching – great for movies and games, and some music, but some people tend not to prefer it.
- Dimensions – 54 x 22 x 23 inches.
- Weight – 130 pounds.
- Frequency Response – 30 Hz – 20 kHz.
- With a frequency response of 38 Hz to 20 kHz (-3 dB) and a power capacity of 500 watts peak, this 3-way speaker will fill your listening or home theater area with room-filling, detailed sound.
- High power handling for moving music and theater performance.
- It is featured with large two 15-inch woofers for powerful low-end definition.
5. Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II
In the list of best floor standing speakers for music, if you are looking for a loudspeaker that offers movie theater surround sound, rich voice with perfect voice bass for your favorite tracks then this Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series speaker is your companion.
The speaker offers a deep, extended bass response with low distortion. It works with the most modestly powered amplifiers or receivers. As 70 Series II by Polk Audio is magnetically shielded, there is no loss of sound quality caused by interference. Not to mention the looks given to these tower speakers. They perfectly blend in with the aesthetics of your living room.
- Dimensions – 15.6 x 7.7 x 42 inches.
- Weight – 47 pounds.
- Frequency Response – 40 Hz – 24 kHz.
- The speaker delivers powerful deep bass, better mid-range, and superior audio effect.
- 70 Series II can be placed near the TV without worrying about the distortions as they are magnetically shielded.
- These speakers are equipped with a 1” Dynamic Balance dome tweeter and four 6.5” Dynamic Balance woofers.
6. Sony SSCS3
Sony SSCS3 3-Way Floor-Standing speaker is equipped with two 5” woofers, a 1” tweeter, and a 0.75” super tweeter. The cabinet of this speaker is made up of wood, which is designed to provide natural vibrations. This speaker system integrates a newly developed woofer deep and stable bass.
The slightly tapered faceplate edges are provided for a clear and natural soundstage. Read more about the product here. The frequency response of a speaker is 45Hz – 50 KHz. This speaker eliminates unnecessary noise from the baffle board and cabinet which is very essential for crystal clear audio and high performance of a speaker.
- Dimensions – 14.2 x 11.6 x 40.2 inches.
- Weight – 25.4 pounds.
- Frequency Response – 45 Hz – 50 kHz.
- SSCS3 is featured with a 1” Polyester tweeter and 5.12” Foamed-Mica reinforced woofer to optimum performance.
- The maximum input power required for the speaker is 145W.
- Tapered faceplate edges eliminate the sound distortion coming from the cabinet.
7. Polk Audio T50
Polk Audio T50 Tower Speaker offers great audio at an affordable price. The speaker is pretty simple to set up, supports Dolby and DTS, and connects to almost every home theater receiver, home theater processor, or stereo.
Also Read: Best Bookshelf Speakers Under $500
The audio effect of the speaker will make your home a movie theater. This speaker will amplify your movie, gaming, and music experience. It has one 1” silk dome tweeter, one 6.25” extended throw composite driver, and two performance-tuned front-firing sub-bass radiators. The speaker produces high-frequency bass even at a low audio voice.
- Dimensions – 8.75 x 9.25 x 36.5 inches.
- Weight – 20.4 pounds.
- Frequency Response – 38 Hz – 24 kHz.
- The speaker has 2 bass radiators that generate a well-toned, natural warm sound that reaches every corner of the room.
- It heightens your audio experience with its brilliant sound and impressive bass quality.
- Audio T50 is featured with one 1” tweeter, one 6.25” composite driver, and two performance-tuned sub-bass radiators.
8. Klipsch R-625FA
Klipsch R-625FA feels modern and premium speakers. These are tall and categorized as floor-standing speakers. The front side of the speaker has dual spun-copper woofers and a horn up top. The whole cabinet weighs around 49.00lbs, which means these are pretty heavy speakers.
On the top, they also feature a speaker used to elevate the sound from the top. You’ll see two connection ports on the backside, one for firing front and the second for firing Atmos speakers. The magnetic removable grill is transparent and gives the speaker a more refined look.
Also Read: Surround Sound vs Stereo Sound
Moreover, the grill won’t block any frequencies, so you can put them on or remove them will not affect the sound quality, which is a great thing about a good grill. They deliver very detailed, accurate, clear, and deep bass. These are advertised as the best Dolby Atmos speakers, and they proved to be the best.
However, these perform much better in a small room or apartment compared to large rooms. Furthermore, speaker placement and room acoustic are important aspects that make the difference in sound quality.
R-625FA is not inexpensive, but undoubtedly, one of the best floor standing speakers for music in the current year.
- Dimensions – 17.3 x 9.45 x 40 inches.
- Weight – 49 pounds.
- Frequency Response – 38 Hz – 21 kHz.
- 1” Aluminum tweeter and dual 6.5” spun-copper woofers deliver the exceptionally clean natural sound possible.
- Their sleek design and polished appearance make them a premium, and they look gorgeous in the room.
- The speaker can handle 400 watts of power, which means you can drive them on a high-power amp without any problem.
9. Polk Audio Signature S55
Polk Audio Signature S55 continues the Polk tradition of American HiFi that delivers the perfect music experience into the comfort of your living room. It is featured with Dynamic Balance mica-reinforced polypropylene cones with butyl rubber that provides a clean and clear bass effect.
It has two 6.5-inch drivers and one 1-inch Terylene tweeter dome which produces highly realistic audio. Signature S55 perfectly fits in the best budget floor standing speakers with bold dramatic looks and heart-thumping sound.
A combination of Signature S55, center channel speaker S35, S20 bookshelf speaker pair, and a subwoofer will complete your 5.1 surround sound home theater setup effortlessly.
- Dimensions – 12.5 x 11.7 x 41.5 inches.
- Weight – 44 pounds.
- Frequency Response – 33 Hz – 40 kHz.
- Custom drivers and tweeters will take your music experience to a whole new level.
- The speaker can handle up to 200 watts having 8 – ohm impedance.
- It has a non-resonant MDF cabinet and also includes stabilizing feet that deliver high-quality audio.
10. Polk Audio TSi500
Whether you are searching for speakers to enhance your music experience or looking to bring excitement to your movie collection, the Polk Audio TSi500 tower speaker will deliver the natural sound that audiophiles crave.
Patented audio technology paired with solid MDF enclosures eliminates internal resonances, resulting in ultra-clear sound without interruption. Connect to other Polk loudspeakers for seamless blending and a true home theater experience. Polk’s TSi500 uses a silk-dome tweeter to deliver soaring, distortion-free highs, and two polycarbonate woofers produce full mids and deep, accurate lows.
This is considered the best budget floor-standing speaker by the manufacturers as well as by Amazon. All of Polk’s sonic superior technology is housed in a resonance-deadening MDF cabinet.
Technical jargon aside, this speaker brings your audio to life – almost as real as a trip to the theater or concert hall.
- Dimensions – 14.8 x 8.3 x 44.4 inches.
- Weight – 45 pounds.
- Frequency Response – 28 Hz – 25 kHz.
- 1” Dynamic Balance dome tweeter with 6.5” Fiber cone woofers create a powerful and soothing sound output.
- Woodgrain vinyl finish, piano top plates, and trim rings enhance the aesthetics of the whole ambiance.
- For Bi-Amping and Bi-Wiring compatibility, dual 5-way binding post terminals are provided.
If you are still with us, we would like to thank you.
Above reviewed are some of the unique and best floor standing speakers for music that you can buy without any second thought. So, choose the one that fits your budget and suits your sweet home.