We're an affiliate.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Also, the source of most of the images used on our website is YouTube.
Unlike other things, music is one great medicine that you can always count on in all moods, no matter what life throws at you.
Nothing is more soothing than reaching your home from a tough day at work with your favorite songs already playing. And to experience that, a perfect home music system is all you need.
After quite a research, we picked out the 10 best on wall speakers for home theater that you can buy today for your cozy room. It’s frustrating when you spend hundreds of dollars on speakers that don’t make you feel alive, isn’t it?
And that’s what motivated us to write this article. Also, why not help our readers choose their perfect sound system, right? Remember, no one was there to guide us, but we are here for you.
So, let’s dive right in.
Top 10 Best On Wall Speakers For Home Theater
Below you will find our top 10 picks for the respective product. Read the reviews, go through all of them, and then choose the right one for you.
1. Klipsch R-41SA (Best Overall)
If you ever read any of our blogs related to home theater systems, you must know how much we admire Klipsch.
Be it the list of best Bookshelf speakers, Floor standing speakers, wall speakers, or any home audio system, you will see the name ‘Klipsch’ in the top three positions for sure.
When you see a Klipsch product a bit expensive, just know that superior quality is what you will experience. R-41SA is one such product.
Every great thing goes hand-in-hand with another great thing to create something exceptional. The same case applies to most of the wall-mounted speakers in the market right now. They are not powered. They need an external amp or a receiver to power them. You will need an external amp or a receiver to power R-41SA.
With 1” Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) aluminum tweeter, enhanced and distortion-free sound with accurate rhythm output is experienced. And dual 8” Spun-Copper IMG woofers are like the icing on the cake for achieving that perfect bass.
It comes with 90 x 90° Square Tractrix Horn Technology that offers a clear and detailed sound performance by reducing the reverb/echoing effect. What’s impressive is that this speaker conforms to Dolby Atmos specifications.
This means that you can now place these wall mount speakers on the front and rear sides of the wall using easy-to-use keyhole mounting and complete a 7.1 surround sound setup, hence, enjoying the immersive 3D sound.
- Dimensions of this speaker are 13 x 5.75 x 7.5 inches.
- Weight is 6.75 pounds.
- Frequency response is 80 Hz – 21 kHz.
- Power handling capacity is 100 watts.
- R-41SA is packed with 1” LTS tweeter and Dual 8” IMG woofers.
- Low profile magnetic grilles offer a rich look to the speakers. Also, its Reinforced Medium-Density Fibreboard (MDF) material reduces the vibrations and gives your room a modern vibe.
- A keyhole slot is provided on the backside for hassle-free mounting.
2. Bose 301-V Loudspeakers (Best Sound)
When you talk about sound systems, accidentally or intentionally, you tend to mention the name ‘Bose’. Why? Because Bose is a trusted brand and Bose built this trust level in the market by offering quality to its users.
Bose 301-V loudspeakers are going to be the best fit for your home audio system. They are bookshelf speakers to say, but with wall mounts, you can easily mount these on the wall. And yeah, they look pretty cool on walls.
One 2” Stereo Targeting tweeter and one 2” rear-firing tweeter are combined together to produce top-notch audio quality, crispy-clear vocals, and a balanced Stereo sound experience.
When placed as Front left and right speakers, they can be a perfect match to complete a home theater system with Bose VCS 10 Center Channel and Bose 161 Surround speakers.
A powerful 8” woofer is packed to offer deep, tight, and rumbling bass even at low-frequency audio levels. In cinema halls and concerts, some amount of sound reaches directly to you and most of the audio is first reflected off the walls, ceiling, and floor.
Bose 301-V speakers come with Direct/Reflecting Technology which produces the sound output as a mixture of Direct plus Reflecting sound that recreates an impressive concert-like atmosphere.
If you are not on a tight budget, just go for them. Another great but not so in-budget alternative for Bose 301-V is Bose 251 wall mount speakers.
- Dimensions are 23.8 x 13.3 x 18 inches. (Pair)
- They weigh up to 22 pounds.
- Frequency response ranges between 30 Hz – 20 kHz.
- Power handling capacity is 150 watts.
- One 2” Dome tweeter and one 2” rear-firing tweeter with 8” powerful woofer combine together to produce exceptional audio quality and tight bass.
- 301-V has an angled or bend design for a wide sound coverage area. Place them horizontally or mount them vertically, these speakers never compromise with the output sound quality.
- You can easily mount them on the wall with the help of wall mounts available on Amazon. Click here to buy them.
3. Sony SS-CSE (Best In-Budget)
Talking about sound systems and not mentioning Sony in the list, that’s unreal, right?
Sony is mostly known for its over-the-ear headphones, earphones, TVs, and other such products. What people didn’t know is that Sony took a step ahead and started manufacturing home audio devices as well.
If you are looking to tremble up your room, and don’t want to invest extra bucks, Sony’s SS-CSE should be your pick. It’s like a small packet big bang speaker.
Just like the two on-wall speakers mentioned above, SS-CSE comes with Dolby Atmos-enabled which means 3D surround sound effect. Just add them on the rear or front end to your existing floor speakers or bookshelf speakers, and boom, your surround sound setup is complete.
A strong MDF cabinet with all-wood covering dampens the unwanted vibrations and offers crystal clear sound output which is just perfect for movie nights. And yes, Sony SS-CSE speakers are passive (not powered) as well.
- Dimensions are 14.16 x 11.56 x 40.12 inches.
- They weigh 13.5 pounds.
- Frequency response is 70 Hz – 32 kHz.
- Power handling capacity is 100 watts.
- It is featured with a 1” main Dome Tweeter and a 3.94” Mica Reinforced Cellular (MRC) cone woofer which are rigid and maintain their cone-like shape even under high pressure. This helps you to listen to songs or movies with loud volume without sound quality loss.
- Sony SS-CSE has a perfect finish that matches the design as well as the audio output of other speakers in the CS series.
- Mounting is easy because of a notch provided at the rear side of the speakers.
4. Polk Audio Signature Series S15
Polk Audio has been dominating the home audio category for quite a long time now. This US-based brand manufactures a variety of sound-related products. With Polk Audio, from ceiling speakers to subwoofers, you will get each and every home theater system you will ever need.
Polk Audio Signature Series S15 is one of the best on wall speakers for home theater. It is a bookshelf speaker by name, but it is easily mountable on the wall with a notched opening on the rear of the speaker cabinet.
It is packed with one custom mid-range 5.25” Mica-Reinforced driver and a 1” Terylene Dome Tweeter. This combination of drivers and tweeter offers extremely powerful and clear sound output even at low volumes. Drivers are built for long-lasting durability and exceptionally rumbling bass and enhanced audio experience.
Signature Series S15 are not powered speakers. This means you will need an external amplifier or a receiver to get them started.
With Polk Power Port Deep Bass Technology, enhanced yet the vibration-free bass output is offered. Not to mention, it is also compatible with Dolby Atmos and the latest digital audio surround sound technologies. So, you are going to get scared while watching that horror movie, oh yeah, lights off.
Also, with a pair of Polk S15, you can even complete your 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound system by placing these speakers in the rear or front end.
- Dimensions of these speakers are 10.2(D) x 7.5(W) x 12(H) inches.
- Their weight is 13 pounds.
- Frequency response ranges between 50 Hz – 40 kHz.
- Power handling capacity is claimed to be 100 watts.
- Signature Series S15 comes with a 1” Dome tweeter and a 5.25” powerful driver.
- Modern style finish, anti-diffraction grille, precision cross-overs, and build of the speaker improves the overall look of your place.
- A keyhole hanger type arrangement is provided for wall mounting. So, just adjust, connect, and chill.
5. Pyle Universal 6.5″
Pyle is among the oldest brands in the music industry. It was founded back in the 1960s and from then they are leading manufacturers of home audio and car audio as well.
Pyle Universal speakers are multipurpose, i.e. you can use them indoor and outdoor too.
What’s special about Pyle speakers is that unlike other wall speakers, these ones do not require any external amp or a receiver to power them. Because in a pair, one of the speakers is powered and the other is passive. So connect the powered one to the passive one with the help of standard speaker wire, and they will work like charm.
Another great thing about them is they work on Bluetooth with supporting BT version 3.0. Connect your phone, laptop, or any Bluetooth supporting device, just sit back, relax, and play your favorites.
They even have a 3.5 mm input connection. For these very reasons, Pyle Universal speakers are one of the best on wall speakers for home theater. If you are on a limited budget and still seek something advanced, Pyle is your choice.
- Dimensions are 8.4 x 7.5 x 12.1 inches.
- They weigh 16.32 pounds.
- Frequency response is 80 Hz – 20 kHz.
- Power handling capacity is 300 watts, claimed by the company itself.
- They are featured with a 1” Polymer Dome Tweeter and 6.5” woofer that produces crispy clear audio with deep bass, enough to make a room feel shaky.
- Pyle Universal are waterproof speakers, so the rainproof seal protects the inputs. Also, white color and Gold plated binding post enhances the aesthetics of the overall ambiance.
- Mounting and setup are easy because of the notch arrangement provided at the back-end of the speakers. You can place them vertically or horizontally according to your needs.
6. Polk Audio Atrium 6
Yet another Polk Audio product on our list. Polk does deserve a spot here as they have been offering quality in almost all of their products.
Polk Audio Atrium 6 are outdoor speakers. But thanks to Polk Audio for providing a quick Speed-Lock mechanism that allows the user to mount them on the wall.
What’s unique about these speakers is that they disperse sound over a wide area. No matter in which corner of the house you are, you will listen to everything that’s playing on the TV pretty loud and clearly.
These are all-weather speakers. Build quality is robust and hence, their durability is prominent.
- Dimensions of the speakers are 8.8 x 7.8 x 11.8 inches.
- Their weight is 5.4 pounds.
- Frequency response ranges between 50 Hz – 27 kHz.
- Power handling capacity is 100 watts.
- 1” Dynamic Balance Aluminum Dome tweeter and 5.5” Polypropylene cone woofer produces smooth audio and loud bass.
- Atrium 6 comes with a steeply-angled baffle design that offers a wide sound coverage area. Black and White colors suit the design of the speakers perfectly.
- Quick 180-degrees Speed-Lock mechanism is provided to mount the speakers vertically or horizontally.
7. Polk Audio OWM3
Polk Audio made it to the list again and yet few more to come along. By now, you must know that Polk Audio is a trusted brand for buying home audio products.
Polk Audio OWM3 are compact and stylish speakers. Well-built multi-application speaker drivers are packed to offer good bass and distortion-less rhythms even at high volume levels. An external amplifier to power them, and you are good to go.
Moreover, the design of these speakers is curvy. This gives you the freedom to place the speakers in 7 different ways, i.e. vertical, horizontal, angled space, corner, shelves, wall mount, or top.
These are one of our favorites on the list. OWM3 is versatile when it comes to its application. Be it in your room to complete surround sound home theater setup, or connect them to your computer, either way, it works like charm.
- Dimensions are 10 x 7 x 4 inches.
- Their weight is 3.96 pounds.
- Frequency response varies between 80 Hz – 25 kHz.
- Power handling capacity is 100 watts.
- 1” custom tweeter and 4.5” woofer with Polk’s exclusive Capacitive Coupling Technology (CCT) will just take your movie nights experience to a whole new level.
- The curvy design makes it possible to place these speakers in 7 different ways. Also, the build quality and finish are top-notch.
- A keyhole hanger type mounting slot is available.
8. KICKER KB6
Kicker has been around for a long time now. They are well known for their car audio products, but yes they produce superior quality home audio products as well.
Kicker KB6 comes in a pair and are 2-way full-range versatile speakers. They can be used for indoor as well as outdoor applications. KB6 speakers are actually an improved replacement of KB6000, one of the great products by Kicker.
Be it a family room, or a backyard patio, Kicker KB6 covers a wide area for you to not miss anything. These multipurpose speakers are featured with a 6.5” Polypropylene Kicker woofer and two 5” Compression Horn Loaded tweeters.
This means crispy clear vocals with decent bass. Now, make your movies come to life. They are waterproof and their UV-treated enclosure protects the speaker drivers and other components safe from outside contaminants.
- Their dimensions are 17 x 10 x 16 inches.
- They weigh up to 14.3 pounds.
- Frequency response ranges between 55 Hz – 21 kHz.
- Power handling capacity is 150 watts.
- Dual 5” Horn Loaded tweeters and a 6.5” Polypropylene Cones woofers are packed inside the speakers.
- Since the speakers are all-weather, they are built in such a way to sustain all the affecting parameters like rain, storm, etc. Also, grilles enhance the aesthetics of the ambiance.
- A 180-degrees quick mounting system is provided to mount the speakers anywhere you want without any effort.
9. Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000
Definitive Technology is a similar brand to Polk Audio and Klipsch that focus on manufacturing home audio system.
ProMonitor 1000 doesn’t come in a pair but the single piece alone is enough to give your home theater setup a boost. This speaker is so versatile that it can be used as a satellite, bookshelf, or wall mount speaker, without compromising sound output in any setup.
- Dimensions are 6.5 x 6.3 x 10.9 inches.
- Its weight is 7.25 pounds.
- Frequency response is 47 Hz – 30 kHz.
- Power handling capacity is 200 watts.
- 1” Aluminum Dome tweeter combined with 5.25” midrange driver enhances the overall sound experience.
- Compact in design with Gloss Black finish and magnetic grilles improves the ambient aesthetics.
- Mounting on the wall is easy because of the keyhole slot arrangement provided at the rear side of the speaker.
10. Polk Audio Atrium 4
Atrium 4 by Polk Audio are outdoor speakers just like Atrium 6 but as we say, that shouldn’t restrict you from mounting them inside your house.
This speaker is stuffed with a 0.75” tweeter and a 4.5” Dynamically Balance Polymer cone woofer which will produce sound quality with a desirable clarity and a rumbling bass. They do require an external amplifier to power them.
Unfortunately, this speaker doesn’t come in a pair. And since it is an outdoor speaker, you can’t use them for surround sound. But a pair of 5-way Gold Plated Binding Posts are provided for input, so it serves the purpose.
- Dimensions are 7.50 x 6.30 x 9.50 inches.
- Its weight is 3.6 pounds.
- Frequency response is 75 Hz – 25 kHz.
- Maximum power handling capacity is 80 watts.
- A 0.75” Dome Tweeter and 4.5” cone woofer is used.
- Waterproof speakers with a sleek design. You can place it horizontally or vertically, it still looks compact. Build material is all-weather, so it’s durable.
- 180 degrees speed-lock mechanism is provided for mounting. Also, because of its angle design, it can be mounted in any corner easily.
First of all, loads of blessings and appreciation to all the ladies and gentlemen who are still with us. This was a lengthy one, so you deserve a pat on your back for sticking by our side through the whole content.
Don’t make a choice in any confusion. Best on wall speakers for home theater are reviewed above to pull you out of the chaos. Just a heads up, out of those ten products, Klipsch R-41SA is our favorite.
But you my friend, feel free to choose the one that fits your purpose.