We're an affiliate.
We hope you love the products we recommend. If you purchase any product through the links mentioned on our website, we may receive a commission.
Music has always been a major part of me, and I’m pretty sure everyone around feels the same. Of course, what else can give you that immense bliss other than listening to your favourite songs, right?
We all used normal over-ear sound devices that provide a lot of features already but have you thought of trying the headphones we see in music studios? Well, I must say they offer a different hit too.
Time flies, and here we are, in 2021. Hypothetically speaking, there’s nothing left to invent. Recording and mixing sound systems are one of them. Just like that, today, here we are going to show you a list of best studio headphones under 100.
Our detailed review of each product will help you choose the best one for you, depending on your purpose of the application. We funneled these into three main categories with our top 5 picks in each category. Without further ado, let’s dive into it.
Best Studio Headphones Under $100 2021
1. Audio-Technica ATH-M40x
It does not sound quite certain if Audio-Technica is not mentioned in the list carried out for the best studio headphones. Being in the market since 2005, these brand proved its worth already. Not to mention, ATH-M40x is one of its best products out there.
If you are really into studio stuff and looking for the best DJ headphones under $100, these ones should be your right pick. Nonetheless, be it a project studio or some heavy mixing tests, pair of Technica won’t disappoint you. Read more about M40x here. Some important features are mentioned below.
- It has 40 mm drivers, which gives a crystal clear sound output.
- Frequency response ranges between 15-24000 Hz, which offers high volume audio without distortion.
- Swiveled 90-degree earcups make it easy for monitoring with one ear.
2. AKG Pro Audio K240
AKG has been maintaining its legacy from the past few decades now. The brands claim to have helped many renowned artists and recorders create some of the iconic songs in history from the past 65 years. Pro Audio K240 is application-focused over-ear headphones.
Also Read : Best Skullcandy Headphones In 2021
Its robust build structure and high-quality sound delivering capacity make it very reliable for studio works. Most of us nowadays just can’t handle our belongings efficiently, can we?
With K240, you don’t need to worry about that because they are built in a way to withstand the roughest handling during transport or on stage. It comes with features like –
- 30 mm XXL transducers with varimotion diaphragms provide great sensitivity and high sound levels.
- It comes with a 3 m detachable cable to provide tangling.
- These headphones are semi-open type.
3. Philips SHP9500 HiFi Precision
We all know how authentic it sounds when someone refers to Philips. Philips is one of the few brands that almost covers everything that comes under technology.
In the electronic section, Philips SHP9500 is one of the best products Philips ever launched. These semi-open headphones are a full package. It comes with 50 mm neodymium drivers that deliver spectacular sound.
Moreover, its breathable ear pads and cushion-like headbands take comfort to a whole new level. With 101 dB sensitivity, it gets reliable to use these headsets for DJ mixing and project studio work. Following are the important features –
- Frequency response is 12-35000 Hz provides loud sound.
- Elegant open-back design for better audio.
- Steel headband with pillow touch comfort provides durability.
- The cable used is 1.5 m, which gives you freedom of movement.
4. Sony MDRV55
The most awaited name finally arrived. Sony has been ruling the music systems right from the beginning. And you know it because trust and quality are all we hear when someone even mentions ‘Sony Headphones‘.
Its MDRV55 Extra Bass are headphones just with everything. Crystal clear sound at any volume makes it more special. If you love listening to rock songs or are into DJ, they might be the one for you. Its features as follows –
- 40 mm neodymium driver for clear sound.
- Noise-isolating ear pads.
- Swiveling foldable earcups.
- Frequency and sensitivity are up to 25000 Hz & 105 dB.
5. AKG K240 MK II Stereo
Since we are looking for the best studio headphones under 100, this product has to be on the list. However, while I’m writing this content, the price of these headphones is $97.87 but there are chances that the price might vary on Amazon depending on the seller. So, make sure to check the price before buying it.
It’s good to see AKG with so much progress in the music sector. These pair looks perfect for professionals as it got some real DJ looks. With its impressive accuracy, many great artists and musicians prefer this tool for getting clear details on mixing. It’s packed with features like –
- Sensitivity being 104 dB and frequency being up to 25000 Hz, you can already guess the sound quality.
- 3 m long detachable cable gives you freedom.
- Replaceable ear cups.
Best Closed Back Studio Headphones Under 100
1. Sony MDR7506 Professional
These are some of the most powerful and in-demand closed-back studio headphones that are always in search of under 100.
Also Read : Best Gaming Headsets Under $100
Not to mention but many famous musicians and artists love using this masterpiece. Sony MDR7506 is ideal for a project studio, sound monitoring, film production, and basically every application that requires high sound with pure quality. Its best features are –
- A neodymium 40 mm sound drivers with a frequency range of 20 Hz – 20 kHz provide high-quality sound.
- Closed-ear design makes it ideal for studio work.
2. Sennheiser HD280PRO
Sennheiser bagged 2nd place in this list. Be it any music device, speakers or earphones, Sennheiser doesn’t fail to prove itself.
Also Read : Battle Between Skullcandy vs Sony
HD280 Pro is one of the most significant over-ear pair of headphones. Read the in-depth review. It is designed to adapt to all professional studio based environments. It’s packed with features like –
- Frequency response up to 25 KHz delivers accurate sound with clear quality.
- High ambient noise reduction.
- Comfortable soft ear pads.
3. Shure SRH440
Well, in this list, Shure SRH440 stands exceptional in some ways than other studio headsets. In these, the impedance, sensitivity and other major factors are all calibrated in such a way that it is titled excellent for DJ mixers, turntables, headphone amplifier and loads of other things.
It’s packed up with a 40 mm neodymium driver which helps in accurate listening and monitoring. Other features are –
- Enhanced frequency response delivers accurate audio covering wide range.
- Impedance and power handling capacity is high.
4. Status Audio CB-1
These are one of the best and comparatively inexpensive music production headphones currently in market. CB-1 headsets are also appreciated by many artists and music producers because of its crispy clear and loud sound quality. Major features are –
- Large 50 mm drivers provide high-quality studio sound which makes you feel like you are just there with your favourite artists.
- Two cables come with the main product, one is coiled and the other is straight. Both have a custom locking mechanism that keeps them attached together.
5. Presonus HD9
Presonus HD9 comes with circumaural design which makes it look more professional. Solely used for audio monitoring, these headphones are one of the most underrated when it comes to performance.
It bagged a position in this list that clear things enough to know that these might actually come out shocking for you. Some features are –
- 45 mm neodymium drivers do their job just right.
- Customized to the frequency response of 10 Hz – 26 kHz.
- High power handling capacity.
- Sensitivity is 96 dB which is still good and serves the purpose.
Best Budget Studio Headphones
Well, we all have come across a point in our life where we so badly wanted to buy something but couldn’t because of money issues or just because we decided not to invest much for that particular thing. Same thing happens while choosing a pair of studio headphones.
There’s so much variety that comes with different price ranges which puts us in a great dilemma. Don’t worry, here we bring you the list of best studio headphones that you can grab if you are running on a thin budget.
1. Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
Yes, Audio Technica claims the top position again. They do know what their potential users are really looking for.
ATH-M20x is hands down the best cost efficient studio headphones. It is a good piece of device if you are a beginner. Moreover it is packed up with features like –
- 40 mm drivers with rare earth magnet don’t fail to offer you top-notch sound quality.
- It comes with circumaural design which helps in excellent noise isolation.
2. OneOdio A71 Closed Back
These are probably not headsets that belong to our primary topic of best studio headphones under 100, but they are worth it. OneOdio is one of the few brands that offer amazing features for people who are running on a low budget.
This product was first available in 2017 and since then it didn’t leave the #1 position, yes still in trend. It comes with great bass. In addition to that, there are other fascinating specifications like –
- 50 mm drivers with neodymium magnets provides clear vocal and crisp high tones.
- Adapter-free coil chord which is 9.8ft easily takes you anywhere you want.
- Well customized for dynamic bass.
3. Samson Technologies SR850
Samson Technologies have been in business for quite a long time now. Its SR850 is one of a kind.
Also Read : Top 10 Bluetooth Open Ear Headphones
These are professional studio reference headphones with a semi-open design. If you are looking for headsets that look much more studio-like, these might be your pick. It comes with –
- 50 mm large drivers with rare earth magnets provide excellent sound clarity.
- It has a pretty good frequency response of 10Hz – 30KHz.
- 98dB sensitivity provides loud volume at any source level.
4. Edifier H840 Audiophile
Edifier H840 deserves to be in this list. Honestly, you won’t regret bumping into them while looking for something else.
These are customized and tuned by Phil Jones of Pure Sound. All the audiophiles without any doubt will appreciate these over-ear headphones. Reasons to buy these are –
- 40 mm driver units provide superior sound quality with the clear vocal.
- With frequency response of 20Hz – 20KHz, feeling the tunes have never been easier.
- 32 ohms impedance offers excellent amplification.
5. JVC HARX700
JVC is yet another masterpiece added on the list. HARX700 are project studio headphones which serve the purpose for the given price point.
You might not be able to experience sound quality as high as top range models but it does offer deep bass. Along with that, other specs include –
- Large 50 mm neodymium drivers.
- Frequency response is 8Hz – 25KHz which is nice.
- Cans work perfectly with amplifiers.
Huge thanks for staying with us throughout the whole blog.
Buying a pair of studio headphones for professional recording and mixing and other related work doesn’t cost you a fortune now. Just $100 and you can own the headphones that you desire.
With our 15 product reviews on best studio headphones under 100 dollars, it will be easy for you to grab the one best suited for your purpose.