We're an affiliate.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Also, the source of most of the images used on our website is YouTube.
Ceiling speakers offer a dazzling music experience that comes from sources that are integrated into an important part of your building, the ceiling. In this article, we will go through top rated ceiling speakers that will supply rich and premium sound quality to your home without taking up any space on your floor.
They also give you more room to move around, and this can make a great difference if you are in a building with small room areas.
When you also go for one of the best ceiling speakers, you enjoy the beauty that comes with ridding yourself of messy wires around your space. While this might be achievable with regular Bluetooth speakers, ceiling speakers also add to the aesthetics and the allure of your home or commercial space.
Also Read : Bose Soundbar 500 vs Bose Soundbar 700
All you need to do is select the color options that complement or blend in with your room’s design and style. Hence, you might want to incorporate ceiling speakers into your next building.
10 Top Rated Ceiling Speakers
1. Klipsch CDT-5800-C II (Best Overall)
Тhе Кlірѕсh СDТ-5800-С ІІ іѕ оnе оf thе bеѕt іn-сеіlіng ѕреаkеrѕ wіth аn іnсrеdіblе ѕоund. Іt hаѕ а оnе-іnсh tіtаnіum twееtеr аnd thе сеrаmеtаllіс wооfеr іѕ а ріvоtіng 8 іnсhеѕ thаt аllоwѕ thе ѕоund tо rеѕоnаtе аnd рrоvіdе thе lіѕtеnеr wіth а grеаt muѕісаl ехреrіеnсе.
CDT ѕtаndѕ fоr ‘Соntrоllеd Dіѕреrѕіоn Тесhnоlоgу’ whісh Кlірѕсh products аrе еѕресіаllу gооd аt dоіng.
Іt аlѕо hаѕ аttеnuаtіоn ѕwіtсhеѕ fоr trеblе аnd mіd-bаѕѕ that mаkеѕ іt ехtrеmеlу еаѕу tо uѕе аnd nаvіgаtе. Speakers by Klipsch аlѕо hаvе Hоrn-lоаdеd tесhnоlоgу whісh іmрrоvеѕ thе ѕоund еvеn mоrе.
- 5800-C II is featured with a 1-inch titanium tweeter with swiveling Tractrix horn and has an 8-inch Cerametallic woofer.
- Its frequency response 49 Hz to 23 kHz.
- The maximum output power capacity is 200 watts.
- This speaker comes with a sensitivity rating of 95 dB and has 8-ohm impedance.
2. Polk Audio RC80i (Best Material Quality)
Polk Audio RC80i is the 8-inch version of the Polk Audio RC60i speakers. It offers better low-end response and mid-range clarity. RC80i are fantastic speakers with extremely positive ratings from users on Amazon.
With a frequency response of 35 Hz – 20 kHz, the RC80i is sure to offer a fair amount of bass but you’ll still want a 12-inch or larger sub if you are looking for that rattling that will loosen your molars.
These are constructed of moisture-resistant materials so they can be used in bathrooms, saunas, or outdoors under some protection. They are very durable and can handle some rough work.
Another similar product you can opt for is Polk Audio RC60i.
- These speakers are featured with an eight-inch Dynamic Balance Woofer and one-inch tweeter for clearer audio.
- 20 – 100 watts of power handling capacity.
- The mineral-filled polymer cone and composite driver baskets produce wider dispersion audio covering the maximum area of the room.
- The rubber seal used in the speakers is for better response and prevents moisture access.
3. Yamaha NSIC800WH (Best Bass)
These Yamaha speakers, sold as a pair, are distinctly high quality and feature a clever full coverage magnetic grill that lets them virtually disappear into the surrounding ceiling, unlike other in-wall speakers which typically have a smooth plastic surround outside the grill.
Also Read : Surround Sound vs Stereo Sound
The actual speaker elements are high quality as well, with fluid cooling and a swivel tweeter. The specs are actually a little more impressive than those of the Micca and Polk Audio.
However, NSIC800WH by Yamaha is more expensive as well but well money didn’t act as a barrier for them to be on the list of top rated ceiling speakers.
- The maximum frequency response of these speakers is 28 kHz and depth having 4.3.
- Maximum power handling capacity is 140 watts.
- The seal provided on the speaker’s back protects against dust and moisture.
- The grills provided are paintable and have a large mounting clamp.
4. Acoustic Audio CS-IC83
Acoustic Audio by Goldwood CS-IC83 speakers manufactured and offered by Goldwood is, undoubtedly, one of a kind. Owing to the fantastic range of features that they come with, they are quite popular amongst customers.
What sets these speakers apart from others is their ability to work in a varied range of power availability, from 20 watts to 350 watts. The design of these ceiling speakers adds a different level of spice to your otherwise dull apartment.
Along with this, the surroundings made of butyl rubber further add to their charm. The design is three-way, which reflects the number of ways in which you can attach them to the ceiling.
- The frequency response of the speaker is 40 Hz – 20 kHz with 95dB at 8 ohms.
- The recommended power for CS-IC83 is 20 – 350 Watt per speaker.
- Full range 3-way passive crossovers distributes sound to a great area.
5. Polk Audio RC85i
These speakers are consistently among the top-rated ceiling speakers as well as in-wall speakers whether used by themselves or as part of a larger surround sound audio system. To that end, they’re timbre-matched with other Polk Audio speakers to ensure seamless blending.
The RC85i utilizes Polk’s infinite baffle tuning to enhance bass frequency using the room itself as a virtual enclosure. They’re very low profile and feature a paintable grille and clear paintable surrounds.
The Polk Audio RC85i sound system is also moisture resistant enough to use in high-humidity or steamy indoor spaces like kitchens, bathrooms, and even covered pool and patio areas, without sacrificing durability.
They’re also easy to install, thanks to Polk’s streamlined mounting system; they’re held by rotating cams rather than rigid supports, reducing extraneous vibrations.
- They are featured with an 8-inch dynamic balance woofer and a 1-inch tweeter.
- Maximum power handling capacity is 100 watts.
- The rubber seal provided prevents the speaker from moisture and can be used in a bathroom.
- A mineral-filled polymer cone and composite driver create a wider dispersion.
6. Polk Audio Atrium 4
Atrium 4 by Polk Audio are ceiling as well as outdoor speakers just like Atrium 6 but as we say, that shouldn’t restrict you from mounting them inside your house.
This speaker is stuffed with a 0.75” tweeter and a 4.5” Dynamically Balance Polymer cone woofer which will produce sound quality with a desirable clarity and a rumbling bass. They do require an external amplifier to power them.
Since it is an outdoor speaker, you can’t use them for surround sound. But a pair of 5-way Gold Plated Binding Posts are provided for input, so it serves the purpose. With One-Click Speed-Lock mounting bracket, one can easily fit Atrium 4 horizontally over the ceiling.
- A 0.75” Dome Tweeter and a 4.5” cone woofer are used.
- Power handling capacity is 10 – 80 watts.
- Waterproof speakers with a sleek design. You can place it horizontally or vertically, it still looks compact. Build material is all-weather, so it’s durable.
- 180 degrees speed-lock mechanism is provided for mounting. Also, because of its angle design, it can be mounted in any corner easily.
7. Polk Audio MC60
Some ceiling speakers are also used as wall-mounted speakers. So, if you are looking for one such pair of speakers, we believe this Polk Audio MC60 in-ceiling Speakers should be the one. This speaker is very powerful at offering nice surround sounds and make the sound of any music more natural.
Also Read : Best On-Wall Home Theater Speakers
Other than this, it is also capable of balancing the level of frequencies which would turn the music out with high-quality sound even at both low and high volume.
More than that, this speaker also weighs lightly which could make the bass respond very well to the operation. On top of that, it is also very easy to assemble as it comes with a template. Furthermore, it would perfectly suit any ceiling of your house too.
An even better alternative to MC60 is Polk Audio MC80.
- These speakers are equipped with Dynamic Balance technology which results in extraordinary natural audio even at the low sound.
- A 6.5-inch midrange and 0.75-inch tweeter provide a uniform sound even in larger rooms.
- Power handling capacity is 20 – 100 watts.
8. Bose 161
Bose 161 Speaker System has a streamlined design and is one of the top rated ceiling speakers out there. They are a versatile option for both music and film listening. They work with your stereo receiver, but can also serve as front or surround speakers in a component home cinema setup.
If you’re a component-minded home cinema enthusiast, these sleek speakers are also ideal for front or rear speakers. Custom mounting brackets are included to increase placement options throughout your home.
- The magnetically shielded speakers allow it to stand beside your TV.
- Custom mounting brackets are included for additional placement options.
- Maximum power handling capacity is 10 – 100 watts.
- Twiddler drivers use proprietary technology to generate more air movement from a small enclosure for rich low-frequency sound.
9. Pyle Universal Powered Speaker
Pyle is among the oldest brands in the music industry. It was founded back in the 1960s and from then they are leading manufacturers of home audio and car audio as well. Pyle Universal speakers are multipurpose, i.e. you can use them as ceiling speakers, indoor and outdoor too.
What’s special about Pyle speakers is that, unlike other wall speakers, these ones do not require any external amp or a receiver to power them. Because in a pair, one of the speakers is powered and the other is passive.
To connect the powered one to the passive one with the help of a standard speaker wire, and they will work like charm. Another great thing about them is they work on Bluetooth with supporting BT version 3.0. Connect your phone, laptop, or any Bluetooth supporting device, just sit back, relax, and play your favorites.
- They are featured with a 1” Polymer Dome Tweeter and 6.5” woofer that produces crispy clear audio with deep bass, enough to make a room feel shaky.
- One of the speakers is active, hence external amp is not required.
- Pyle Universal are waterproof speakers, so the rainproof seal protects the inputs. Also, white color and Gold plated binding post enhances the aesthetics of the overall ambiance.
- Mounting and setup are easy because of the notch arrangement provided at the back-end of the speakers.
10. Polk Audio Atrium 5
The Polk Audio ceiling speakers are an excellent way to bring the party to your backyard with a permanent installation so you aren’t always looking for the Bluetooth speaker and making sure it’s charged.
These speakers are well made, ready to handle the elements that come from a permanent outdoor installation. Polk offers the Atrium speakers in a range of sizes, and the Atrium 5 uses 5-inch drivers and 3/4-inch tweeters.
The bass response on the speaker is powerful and tight without getting in the way of the other tones. You can turn the audio on and the vocals will sound very realistic with a great mid-range.
- Not only designed to be mounted outdoors in the patio, sunroom, or backyard but can also be hung on the ceiling.
- Maximum power handling capacity is 10 – 100 watts.
- Stunning design and durable build quality and are available in 2 color options.
- Comes with the necessary mounting hardware and is easy to set up.
Thank you for sticking with us throughout the article. We tried our best and hope that you liked it.
Ceiling speakers are extraordinary in their own way. They improve your home audio system as well as enhances the overall look of your ceiling by improving the decor. Above mentioned are some of the unique top rated ceiling speakers that you can buy without any hesitation.